Benefits of Membership – why join us?
Of course, your annual membership fee is an important contribution to the conservation of traditional orchards in Gloucestershire and their unique habitats. However, the real benefit of membership of the Gloucestershire Orchard Trust is participation in its activities …
- Learn about how to prune mature fruit trees, with practical hands-on experience on one of our “orchard days”, led by real experts with years of experience … and use the knowledge to look after your own trees and / or help look after the Trust’s orchards in Longney;
- Contribute to the pioneering DNA research the Trust is leading on Gloucestershire’s own fruit varieties;
- Learn how to plant and prune new trees, as well as gain tips on how to plan a new orchard;
- Join as many (or as few) of our events as you’d like, such as visits to other orchards in the Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / Herefordshire three counties area, and learn about how to “read” or “interpret” an orchard;
- Gain access to a wealth of information about orchards and fruit varieties, about their history and their cultural and ecological significance;
- Gain access to the Trust’s tranquil orchard in Longney … enjoy a picnic by the River Severn with friends or family on a sunny summer’s afternoon, either in a mature traditional orchard or a new heritage orchards. Orchards are a beautiful part of our landscape and one benefit of membership is simply being encouraged to enjoy them.
We do hope you’ll join us.
Annual membership are:
- £15.00 for individuals (one individual membership covers all in the household)
- £25.00 for corporate groups (business, charity, community orchard, group etc)
How to join/renew
Subscriptions can be paid by Standing Order, online using PayPal or bank transfer or by post with a cheque.
Paying online via the website:
You can now join or renew online via the the membermojo service. This gives the usual payment options but adds PayPal. Online renewals not using PayPal will be confirmed to you once payment has been received.
Paying by post:
You can also pay by Standing Order, Bank Transfer or Cheque. Download our membership form and send it back to us by post or email indicating which payment method you are using. The membership form is available as a pdf document here or as a Word document here.
Please use Gift Aid too:
GOT is a registered charity (no 1137917) and we can reclaim tax on your membership if you make a Gift Aid Declaration when joining. The declaration is incorporated into the online and printable forms linked above.
Those membership forms again: