Benefits of Membership – why join us?
Of course, your annual membership fee is an important contribution to the conservation of traditional orchards in Gloucestershire and their unique habitats. However, the real benefit of membership of the Gloucestershire Orchard Trust is participation in its activities …
- Learn about how to prune mature fruit trees, with practical hands-on experience on one of our “orchard days”, led by real experts with years of experience … and use the knowledge to look after your own trees and / or help look after the Trust’s orchards in Longney;
- Contribute to the pioneering DNA research the Trust is leading on Gloucestershire’s own fruit varieties;
- Learn how to plant and prune new trees, as well as gain tips on how to plan a new orchard;
- Join as many (or as few) of our events as you’d like, such as visits to other orchards in the Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / Herefordshire three counties area, and learn about how to “read” or “interpret” an orchard;
- Gain access to a wealth of information about orchards and fruit varieties, about their history and their cultural and ecological significance;
- Gain access to the Trust’s tranquil orchard in Longney … enjoy a picnic by the River Severn with friends or family on a sunny summer’s afternoon, either in a mature traditional orchard or a new heritage orchards. Orchards are a beautiful part of our landscape and one benefit of membership is simply being encouraged to enjoy them.
We do hope you’ll join us.
Annual membership are:
- £15.00 for individuals (one individual membership covers all in the household)
- £25.00 for corporate groups (business, charity, community orchard, group etc)
How to join/renew
Subscriptions may be paid directly, ideally by annual Standing Order, but you can also pay by cheque, bank transfer or, soon, online using Paypal. Forms and documents linked below are from our old website – new forms will be available here soon.
Paying by cheque: Please print this membership form and post with a cheque payable to Gloucestershire Orchard Trust and send cheque and form to Gloucestershire Orchard Trust, 109 Orchard Way, Churchdown, Gloucester GL3 2AP
Paying by Standing Order: Send a Standing Order to your bank (a pdf SO form is available here and a word SO form here) or set one up via online banking using the details on the form AND follow this up with a copy of the membership form (posted as above or emailed to email@example.com – a word version of the membership form is available here).
Paying by bank transfer: Pay to Gloucestershire Orchard Trust’s account at Barclays, sortcode 20-33-83, account number 83480720 with a reference identifying yourself AND follow this up with a copy of the membership form (posted as above or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – a word version of the membership form is available here).
Paying via the website: A new joining and renewal system will be available on the website soon.
Please use Gift Aid tooGOT is a registered charity (no 1137917) and we can reclaim tax on your membership if you fill out a Gift Aid form (available here as pdf or here as a Word doc). These can only be accepted on paper, so please post the Gift Aid form to Gloucestershire Orchard Trust, 109 Orchard Way, Churchdown, Gloucester GL3 2AP
Those various membership documents again: