Our fruit varieties website
This part of the GOT website is a whole website in itself, with information on Gloucestershire’s local fruit varieties, their importance and the work being done to research and conserve them.
This page is an introductory page outlining the rest of the site, Use the menu above or links below to explore the site. To return to the main GOT website click here.
- Varieties Introduction (this page)
- Research on local varieties
- Identification Advice
- Nurseries stocking local varieties
- Buying Gloucestershire Pomona Books
- Apple varieties
- Pear varieties
- Plum, Damson and Cherry varieties
- Nut varieties
- Back to main GOT website
Gloucestershire Pomona books
GOT is publishing, in partnership with others, a series of books about our local fruit varieties. Volumes available so far include
– Native Apples of Gloucestershire
– Pears of Gloucestershire and Perry Pears of the Three Counties
– Native Plums of Gloucestershire (new for 2018)
For details of these and how to buy them visit our shop page.
Creation of GOT’s new websites is being supported by the Three Counties Traditional Orchards Project, which is a Heritage Lottery funded project.
Thank you TCTOP!